Molokai 2019

It’s been a very long time since my last post, but a few of my close friends have inspired me to start writing and posting again.
I’ve created a YouTube channel, where I hope to collect content and post Vlog style videos.
I’ve added the link below, click the link, hit subscribe and let some videos entertain you.
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCZIcPj8_022FMjt4X-UsrFw

As I lay in my bed in Hut 2B on Kaluakoi Beach on the island of Molokai, I catch myself staring out into the deep, blue, almost never ending Kai’wi channel. I start thinking about the journey I’ve been on in the last few months since deciding to tackle, yet another, Molokai surfski championship.



This years preparation has been a juggle to say the least......

I’m currently a 5th year senior at the University of the Sunshine Coast studying a Bachelor of Education/ Bachelor of Science majoring in Physical Education and Minoring in Mathematics, and would like nothing more than to graduate in November later this year.
By obtaining this degree, it will allow me to educate students from middle school level through to a high school level.
Over the past 6 weeks I’ve been completing my placement (internship) at a local school on the Sunshine Coast, with the addition of  handling the responsibilities of my training and study commitments.

To add to the “not so great” preparation, at the 2018 Lifesaving World Championships in Adelaide. I partially tore my Ulnar collateral ligament in my thumb, which had me out of the water from November till the end of February this year.

Fast forward 13 weeks and it’s the Friday before the big race, with what seems like a bigger field than usual. It’s going to be awesome to line up on the start line in my first ‘marathon race’ since the Gorge last year (July).
The conditions looking to be East to North Easterly Winds blowing a consistent 15 knots and the channel looks like it will be better than my previous solo crossing where it was flat with minimal wind.

At this point in my life. I can happily say that I am proud of myself. I have set out and achieved goals in all aspects of my life that I never thought would’ve been possible.

I know that when I cross the finish line on Sunday, I know that I’ll be happy with the result no matter what.

To all others racing, fingers crossed for a successful crossing. Good luck and keep the wind to your back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where have you been??

The first strokes of 2017